Just Added: Vacations
- March Madness Packages at Bear Creek March 2-20 Macungie
- $189+ for 2 Night Family B&B Getaway Lancaster
- Pirates, Princesses & Pals Luncheon April 17 & 22 Cape May
- Kids Can Cook, Too! April 18 & April 23 Cape May
- Congress Hall Scavenger Hunt April 19 & April 26 Cape May
- Sunday Supper & Old-Timey Hymn Sing March 9 Cape May
- Spring Break at Congress Hall April 15-26 Cape May
|Gettysburg National Park Adams County|
Gettysburg Adams County Pennsylvania
The largest producer of apples in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Adams County carries the nickname of Apple Capital USA. 20,000 of its acres are dedicated to production of all kinds of fruit. And, had history been different, that is all this quiet, quaint Pennsylvania county would have been known for. However, on June 30, 1863 a few men from Robert E. Lee's Army of Northern Virginia met a few men from Meade's Army of the Potomac and the history of the world changed. Gettysburg. The high tide for the Confederacy in the Civil war was reached when a couple of men breached the wall at the "Angle" during Pickett's Charge. They were captured or killed and the Confederacy was doomed.
List of Things to See and Do fo Kids:
Be Prepared: For younger children, bring picture books and your creativity. The historical significance may not impress them, but they will love the park and other things to do!
Age Group: Best for ages 7 to 12. Younger children may enjoy the park and things to do, but probably won't truly understand the historical impact.
Best Time to Visit: Late sprintg to late Fall to get the very best apples in PA!
Where to Stay: Check out the Gettysburg Website for plenty of great places to stay for families www.gettysburg.travel
contact: 717.334.6274 or 1.800.337.5015 or 717.334.6274 or 1.800.337.5015
address: Gettysburg National Park 1195 Baltimore Pike, Gettysburg, PA Adams County