Jenkins Arboretum Devon, Chester County
Jenkins Arboretum & Gardens is one of eastern Pennsylvania’s great horticultural and environmental assets and it is FREE! As a botanical garden, the Arboretum maintains a collection of native trees, shrubs, wildflowers and ferns in a tranquil, naturalistic landscape. In addition, the Arboretum features a diverse collection of rhododendrons and azaleas from around the world. The unique landscape and diverse plant collections provide sanctuary for a variety of native birds, insects and other wildlife. Did we mention it is FREE?
Jenkins Arboretum & Gardens is open to the public 365 days a year. The John J. Willaman Education Center is open from 9:00-4:00 daily and the grounds are open from 8:00am to sunset. Admission is FREE so come enjoy the following benefits:
- 1.2 miles of paved walkways through native woodland
- Labeled trees, shrubs and herbaceous plants in several different garden areas
- Self-guided walking tours with maps available at the Education Center
- A tranquil, natural setting in a densely populated residential and commercial area
- Periodic educational displays and workshops, art and craft shows, and seasonal plant sale.
- Picnic area (but please do not bring food into the gardens)
- Garden shop and gift shop open from 9-4 daily
contact: (610) 647-8870
address: Jenkins Arboretum 631 Berwyn Baptist Rd, Devon, Chester County
Activities for kids in PA, Pennsylvania activities for kids, activities for families in PA, family fun, PA family fun, Phila Family fun, Pittsburgh Family Fun, events in Phila, events in Bucks County, Events in Montgomery County, events in Delaware County, Events in Chester County, Events in Berks County, Events in Poconos, Events in State College