Just Added: Featured Articles
- Discover Nature, Adventure, History & Culture in West Virginia's New River Gorge!
- A Summer-Long Family Adventure at Hands-On House!
- Discover 60+ Family-Friendly Events at The Philadelphia Science Festival!
- Birthday Parties at Roundtop Mountain Resort!
- Camp Thompson: Each Week a New Adventure
- ANC Performing Arts Camp in Bryn Athyn appeals to Middle Schoolers
|Pennsylvania Nature Centers|
|Written by 4KidsinPA.com|
I remember going to the Churchville Nature Center as a kid. We went on Night Walks searching for owls, day hikes around ponds and the great resevoir looking for turtles and frogs and such. And I remember loving every minute of it. It was a great adventure!
Mom and I took the girls last week and they loved it! Megs loved the exhibits in the nature center, especially the huge eagle flying into her nest and the hawks "flying above". We stood there for at least a half an hour searching the little exhibits looking for the animals and insects.
So people always ask. . "um, what do I do? How do I know where to go?"
Go to the nature center and ask for a trail map. Then choose a trail and go. It is that simple. On your way back. . or before you go, take a look around the nature center at the exhibits and ask if there are any programs going on that day. OR plan around a program. Go for a Reptile Hike and then check out the other trails afterward.
It is a cheap (often free) thing to do with the kids on the weekend, that will stick with them. And once you go, the odds are they will want to go back, so here are some other nature centers to hit in PA. (Hint: It is a great thing to do on a rainy day of a vacation!) Below is a list. Print it out. I just did. lol.